Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Shoe-Makeover!

But this is more of a recycling kind of thing.
♪ She & Him - Brand New Shoes

Okay that's me trying to be funny. But it's a good song, give it a listen!


I had this worn-out shoes with cute gold heart buckles two semesters ago and I just can't let go. "Read on" for the rest of the story and before and after photos! :D
These are my favorite shoes which I wore on the first semester of my senior life. I wore this a lot with my floral knapsack I received from Lyka in my 20th birthday, and since it rained a lot from June to August, my footsies started to get wet on September rains.

One day, while the boys in the classroom are playing wrestle, one of them accidentally shoved my left foot and the heart flew across the room. I knew they have to say goodbye.

Then I decided I love it so much I have to do a frankenstein kind of thing.

These are how they look since they said good bye last, last semester.

I took the buckles off the shoes and cleaned them planning to transfer them in another pair of shoes.

I bought a cheapie but comfortable and durable pair of flats in a tiangge -- something that is cheap enough I won't be feeling guilty in cutting in a hole to secure the buckle in. 

It even has this cute floral insole. I bet you can find the same quality of shoes if you search hard enough along Divisoria. My friend Addie says there is this humongous shoe-place there with all kinds and colors of shoes -- flats to heels, nudes to neons in a very, very low price.

I marked the shoes and rip in a hole carefully, with a a generous amount of wash cloth under so that I won't accidentally cut other surfaces under the shoe. 

The "arms" of the buckles can be folded in like roundhead fasteners. I luckily have a floral craft tape made of cloth to cover the buckle flap and avoid discomfort.

And now here's my sort of brand new shoes!


This project perked me up and I'm currently in the mood to dig in my pile of discarded shoes to resurrect another buckled shoe. I hope I'll find them!

4 comments:

  1. Hey hey heeey, cool new layout and a DIY post. What is not to love?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karmel! A neat-looking lay-out is a sign that I, have no life. Haha!

      Delete
  2. Cute naman ng floral tapesung whatever it is. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Japan Home Center surplus craft supplies. Hahaha!

      Delete